Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Feed The Teachers!


I had the privilege of reading this book recently as a part of a tech leadership class. I cannot say enough good things about it. It was a short and entertaining read, which is good for someone like me with a short attention span and a 3-year old. The book really had nothing to do with technology, but it was a leadership book that would be applicable in many arenas. To start, the author compares a school to a restaurant, which instantly gives the reader thought provoking ideas. I don't want to spoil the book so I will leave it up to you to read. Then, she uses parts of a meal to organize her information. There are hundreds of ideas for leaders of all types to improve their school, business, and so forth. One of my favorite lines from the book goes something like this, "The best administrators are those that remember what it was like to be a teacher and the best teachers are those that remember what it was like to be a student."

If You Don't Feed the Teachers They Eat the Students: Guide to Success for Administrators and Teachers (Kids' Stuff)
subliminal message....READ ME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment