Monday, August 6, 2012

Flipping Again?

It is time for school to begin again, where did summer go? For this fall, I will be teaching Geology and Chemistry. Last school year, I flipped my three pre-AP Biology courses. For this school year, I am considering flipping my Chemistry classes. Since last year, my list of potential resources has grown exponentially. Whereas last school year I used voiced-over PowerPoints, this year I have several apps to use, VoiceThread, TedEd, and others. I am almost overwhelmed with choices. Because Chemistry is probably my weakest subject, I am a bit apprehensive about flipping. The goal of flipping for me is to get more time in-class for reinforcement, discussion, labs, and so forth. I am going to work with other, more seasoned Chemistry teachers in my department this week. Although they will not be flipping, I think I can learn valuable tips and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment