Saturday, June 2, 2012

Evolution of a Revolution

As I ponder the world, sitting in a hotel room across the road from the Atlanta airport, I write my first blog post. Why am I in a hotel, you might ask? I am currently working on my Ed.S. in Tech in Ed as a part of a cohort that meets two hours from my home. Instead of driving back in forth over the weekend, I simply stay in Atlanta. I say all of this to say, as much as I love technology, it is overwhelming. It makes me consider why many teachers are reluctant to try technology. Just this evening, I learned how to use Twitter effectively using TweetDeck and of course I am creating my blog. Yes, these are old tools. Many teachers want to be innovative, but most do not have the time or the resources to do so. I hope to encourage those on the "fence" to break out of their comfort zone and be innovative. Just use one tip, tool, or otherwise a month and you will begin to see the evolution of a revolution. A great place to get motivated for the next step is to check out Shelly Terrell's blog and start the 30 goal challenge, starting a blog is one goal.

1 comment:

  1. Great new blog, Timmi! I appreciate teachers like you who find ways to work through any obstacles that come along. Including the overfiltering found in so many schools. I believe the if administrators really took the time to learn about twitter, hashtags, blogs, etc., they would wonder why they blocked those amazing resources from their teachers for so long!

    ReplyDelete