Sunday, June 3, 2012

30 Goal Challenge - Goal #6 -Setting a Google alert

Goal #6: Set a Google AlertI set up three alerts for this goal. The first was everything with my name in it. After a Google search of my name yesterday, I was amazed how much information was out there about me. I found teacher ratings posted by students, compliments from conference participants, and my website information. I thought this would be a great place to start for my alerts. Then, I decided to get alerts on mobile learning. Because this is such an important topic in education today, I found it imperative to keep up with what was new. Finally, taking an idea from Shelly Terrell, I decided to set an alert for e-learning. For this one, I chose to only get alerts about blog postings. This is such a broad topic I was afraid I would be inundated with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment